Yes, depending on your loved ones needs and financial ability, Medicaid can pay for in home care providers. Generally, anyone who qualifies for long term care under the Medicaid program can choose to live at home and receive services which allow them to age in place. Home care services are called Home and Community Based Services, Waiver Funded Services or services under the A&D Waiver.

In Idaho, our agency is listed as Abundant Care by Havenwood for Medicaid. We are an approved Idaho Medicaid Provider for personal care as well as incidental transportation. We abide by and follow all the guidelines published by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.

In Home Care Services

The Idaho Medicaid waiver program provides an alternative to nursing facility admission for people who are aged, blind, or disabled by providing nursing home level care services to participants in their homes and communities. These services can include:

  • Attendant or Personal Care Services – such as dressing, bathing and personal care.
  • Homemaker Services – such as housekeeping and meal preparation.
  • Companion Services – such as personal care, safety and companionship.
  • Chore Services – such as helping to maintain the Care helping to maintain the home.
  • Incidental Transportation – Transportation for shopping and errands.

Eligibility Guidelines

There are two steps in determining if your loved one can obtain services through Medicaid. First, the candidate must meet financial requirements. Financial ability is determined through the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare division of Self Reliance. There is an application process which can take up to a few weeks to complete and become approved. Once a candidate has been approved through Self Reliance, a request is made to the regional office of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare to make an assessment. A Nurse Reviewer will meet with the candidate in their home and determine if and what type of services are needed.

Generally, waiver candidates must require nursing home level care, be legal Idaho residents and be 65+ years old. If between the ages of 18-64, they may still qualify but require a designation of disabled by the SSA. For the disabled, the program is known as the DD Waiver.

We can help answer any questions you may have regarding services under the Medicaid waiver programs. Just give us a call and ask to speak to a care manager (208) 327-1011.

Region IV – Boise and Ada County

Self-Reliance: (208) 334-6700

Regional Office: (208) 334-0940

Region III – Caldwell and Canyon County

Self-Reliance: (208) 455-7200

Regional Office: (208) 455-7150

Download Medicaid Information Flyer PDF Document
In Home Care Boise Experts at Havenwood Caregiver Services are available to talk with you about your senior care needs including how to reduce caregiver stress while providing better, affordable care. We are an elder care agency providing at home senior care. For more information, call us at (208) 327-1011